HOW DO I CARE FOR MY CANVAS GOAT COAT?
The Canvas Goat Coat is affordable, simple and environmentally friendly. Purposefully designed using natural fibres to create a water repellent and, breathable lamb jacket which is ideal for cold temperatures. The 100% cotton canvas enables the lamb to maintain a comfortable temperature when outside.
There are some simple steps you can take to maintain the durability and proofing of your canvas.
THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN YOUR CANVAS ANIMAC
- Before use, wet the canvas with a light hose and let it fully dry. This is necessary to allow the fabric to settle and the stitching to swell. If you fail to do this you may find the canvas will absorb excessive water in the initial exposure to rain. (NB: Nature can do this for you if you leave the canvas outside overnight and let the morning dew do the work. The drying out after this is the important bit.)
- Don't use soaps or detergents on canvas if you wish to maintain the proofing. To remove dirt, use a damp cloth or brush the fabric when the dirt is dry. (NB: Power Washing/ Water Blasting from a distance works quite well also.)
- Remove any mildew as it appears. Allow sun exposure afterwards where possible.
- Canvas contains cotton so please ensure your rug is 100% dry before storing away. Any moisture in the fabric will cause mildew and deteriorate the canvas during storage.
- The proofing breaks down with UV exposure. You may need to re-proof the rug prior to next seasons use.